Saturday 24 January 2015

Morning around Quidi Vidi lake

When I woke up this morning, it looked like a very bright morning so I decided to have a walk around Quidi Vidi lake to check if there was still some waxwings around.
Unfortunately when I arrived there the light had turned out pretty dull. walked around the main trail and found a very cooperative juvenile eagle who was perched on a tree. I always forget how big these birds are!


as I said the light was dull!
 
a bit closer

very cooperative indeed!

trying to find a different angle, without success!

Since it wasn't planning to move any time soon, I decided to walk back where most of the ducks stick around. Usual suspects there: mallard, northern pintail, greater scaup and tufted ducks.



one of the tufted




No comments:

Post a Comment